Another popular option many seniors opt for is what’s called Aging in Place.
For many reasons, moving may not be the best choice for some. It may be that you are happy in your current home but realize that you need to downsize some of your possessions. Later in life, or at any age, our homes often become cluttered with our “stuff.” Our homes don’t work as well for us as they did a few years ago, or maybe decades ago. Most of us are overwhelmed by the daunting prospect of downsizing, de-cluttering, organizing, and discarding. We may need a lot of help, or just a little encouragement and assistance. Either way Step by Step can help!
We will go through the same step by step process—starting with a space plan and then begin the downsizing work. We just won’t have to hire a moving van!
Through NASMM@HOME, Senior Move Mangers can help you with some or all of these tasks:
- Defining your vision: “Where do we begin?” We can help you prioritize what areas need work.
- Creating a floor plan and repurposing your existing space so it works better for you NOW.
- Evaluating what you want in your home.
- Deciding what will be donated, sold or discarded and executing your wishes.
- Determining your future needs and simplifying your lifestyle-gaining the freedom to live the life you want. (For example, the things you use daily must be in easy-to-access places.)
- Exploring home care maintenance concerns.
- Reducing home safety concerns and eliminating common in-home hazards.