What is a Senior Move Manager?
- A Senior Move Manager is a professional who specializes in assisting older adults and their families with the emotional and physical aspects of relocation and/or “aging in place.” Though many senior move managers come from various backgrounds, all senior move managers share a profound commitment to connecting with older adults and a desire to perform meaningful work.
Why Hire a NASMM Certified Senior Move Manager?
- NASMM certified members have expertise in resources and approaches that save money, reduce stress and produce quality results.
- Services are client-centered and personalized to meet their client’s needs and promote their client’s dignity and autonomy.
- NASMM members adhere to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice, and NASMM offers both members and consumers the support of NASMM’s Ethics Review Panel.
- NASMM members participate in ongoing educational programs that reflect their commitment to professionalism and to working with older adults.
What Makes a Senior Move Manager Different From a Moving Company?
- Senior move managers provide a multi-faceted approach to the move process from space planning in the beginning to post-move support and advocacy.
- Senior move managers minimize the chaos and stress associated with moving by addressing all aspects of the move process. They are responsible for creating and executing a seamless action plan, customized to the client’s wishes.
- With the gentle and expert guidance of an experienced senior move manager, older adults and families make the key decisions without the emotional and physical distress that can follow. As a result, they avoid the costly mistakes and remorse that often accompany such major lifestyle transitions.
Expert • Affordable • Compassionate